Monday, April 16, 2012

Prepping for a Zombie Apocalypse

There is a group on Ravelry that I have recently joined, tying into the television show, The Walking Dead. I may have mentioned this program on this blog a few times. If I have, forgive me. It is just such an awesome show. I am actually experiencing withdrawal. The good news is that I am not alone. A lot of other people are also eagerly anticipating the next season of The Walking Dead. To help pass the time, A knit-a-long group has been created with the goal to prepare for a Zombie apocalypse. It is rather reassuring to know that I am not the only one who wonders what would happen should this actually take place. :P
So far I have completed Zombie Killer Slouch. This was a very quick knit to help get me into the swing of the KAL.

I have also just finished tackling a project called, Vlad
It is a lace shawl pattern that moved surprisingly well. I would however, not recommend drinking and knitting at the same time. There was a lot of do-overs. Counting can be rather difficult when you reward yourself with a drink at the end of each row. The rows start to get a lot shorter. All that is required now is to block the hell out of it.

While finishing up with Pretty Little Liars, I cast on Monk's Travel Satchel with apparently questionable fiber content.


Since The Walking Dead has finished for the season along with Alcatraz, I have managed to get sucked into Pretty Little Liars. Who knew a teen drama could be so addicting. It is a great show to knit with in that I don't have to be so focused on the program to keep up with the story line.
Looking into my television programming, it looks like The Killing has recommenced.
Hmmmm. Re-reading what I just wrote. I watch a lot of television. I'm good with that. It is the only time I can knit and draw.

I have also finally finished my Skull and Crossbones stockings.

They stay where they are supposed to as well!

That will do for now. When I have made progress on my Satchel, I'll be sure to post more pictures.
Enjoy the last of your Monday!

No comments: