Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Day in the Sun

When we woke up on Tuesday, I was waiting for my turn in the torture chamber shower and turned on the weather channel. There is something to be said about holidays making you do or eat things you would never think of doing back home, like watching the weather channel and Toddlers and Tiaras. Anyways, the weather guru said there would be rain for the rest of the week. That is when we decided to try and do most of the outdoor adventures before the rain hit.
After we were presentable we decided to drive to Percé.










All over the peninsula we saw these purple flowers,


Up close they look like this:


This is the reason for our visit to Percé



Something else I needed to google when I arrived home. The big rock is simply called Percé Rock Who knew? well, probably most of Percé.

We also discovered a giant lobster trap.
I had to try it out..


This restaurant was amazing. I wish I had thought to bring the camera inside to take a picture of our fabulous dinner.



A giant silver tray laden with lobster tails, scampi's, shrimps, scallops and salad was brought to our table. It had been a long time since either of us had enjoyed a meal of that magnitude.

To cap off the day we visited a working lighthouse.




This is the fog horn that is no longer in service because the surrounding community found it a trifle loud in the middle of the night.


Since I have to get ready to go to sleep for work tonight, I leave off here for now.
Have a good everyone.


No comments: